The Internship Program is offered ONLY for those who belong to our partner institutions listed here.
Internship Programs (IP) are designed for high school and undergraduate students and aim at offering not only experimental studies and practice in workshops, but also providing a comprehensive introduction to Japanese language and culture.
1. Applicants must be enrolled as full-time high school or undergraduate students at the commencement of the program.
2. Applicants must have the ability to communicate in English or in basic Japanese. Courses at NIT, Akashi College will be conducted in either Japanese or English. Therefore, applicants must be capable of comprehending lectures in one of the languages. Minimum knowledge of Japanese language will make your study here more meaningful and effective.
1. Please send all the application documents listed here to the email address given below. Please make sure you start the process well in advance of the application deadline.
2. We will inform applicants by email upon receiving their applications and will send out the next application steps and instruction.
3. Once you are accepted into the program, please book a flight to Japan arriving at Kansai International Airport (KIX) before the instructed arrival date indicated in the Program Schedule.
1. Application Form
2. A copy of passport photo page
3. Original certificate of enrollment from the institution you are presently attending
4. Most recent, original academic transcript from the institution you are presently attending
5. E-ticket itinerary from/to Japan
1. All applications must arrive by the deadline. See the Program Schedule for the appropriate deadlines.
2. Your passport must be valid for the duration of the IP. If you do not already have your passport, please apply for one immediately.
3. The IP application period will be closed early in the case that the maximum number of participants is reached before the application deadline.
4. All participants must enroll in an international traveler’s insurance program before their departure to Japan.
No tuition fees are required. However, dormitory fees will apply if you choose to stay on campus.
We try are best to see to it that all IP students will be placed in on-campus accommodation during their studies at NIT, Akashi College. However, we might ask you to secure your own room off-campus when the rooms at the dormitory are fully-booked.
■Student Ambassadors (Buddies)
Student Ambassadors (SA) play a great part in this program through their roles as stundent buddies. SA will introduce participants to life on campus as well as provide assistance with daily life in Japan outside of class. By spending time with the SA, participants can practice everyday conversation and at the same time make long-lasting international friendships.
Office of Student Affairs, National Institute of Technology, Akashi College
679-3 Nishioka, Uozumi-cho, Akashi, Hyogo 674-8501 JAPAN